A 25-year-old man has been arrested and his property searched Sunday in connection with the Manchester bombing that killed 22 people last week, police said.
The man is the 12th currently held in British custody in relation to the suicide bombing of Manchester native Salman Abedi, 22, in the lobby of Manchester Arena Monday just after pop singer Ariana Grande finished her concert.
A woman and teenage boy arrested by British police this week have been released without charges.
Abedi’s brother and father also were arrested in Libya last week where they are being held. A spokesman said that the brother, Hashim, was aware of Abedi’s plans to attack.
As the probe continues, Britain lowered its security threat level Saturday to “severe,” Prime Minister Theresa May said.
The level had been raised to “critical” — meaning another attack was thought to be imminent — after Monday’s bombing at the pop concert in Manchester. The downgrade to “severe” means an attack still is considered highly likely.